12 Mar. 2021
1. A good day starts with a coffee and a cafe breakfast, our suggestion? Drop into My Little Kitchen Healesville. Latte with one and a puppuccino please!
2. Have you even visited the Yarra Valley if you didn't drop by a cellar door or two? Pooches & Pinot offer private wine tour service for you and your goodest dog.
3. Let your pooch off the leash for a bit and try one of the many off-leash parks in the Yarra Valley. New trees to pee on and new smells to sniff - this will keep tails wagging for a while.
4. Emerald Lake Park is dog friendly and a must-visit when in the Dandenong Ranges. Dogs must be on a leash but there are plenty of walks to choose from. Try the Lake Nobelius Loop Track (easy), which takes about 15 minutes, or Emerald-Cockatoo Multi-use trail (easy to moderate), about 20 minutes to walk.
5. Coffee time (again)? Head across the road to Incy Wincy & Behind the Trees in Emerald, it is a contemporary lifestyle store with an easy ‘grab and go’ hatch for coffee and other sustenance if your dog is a little too eager to explore after a big walk around Emerald Lake Park.
6. At Sassafras, Proserpina Bakehouse is ‘not to be missed’. The bread is full of country goodness (the flour is stone ground on the premises) and the lunch menu is a sweet and savoury treat fest! Set in an old garden centre, there’s plenty of outdoor seating and green space to kick back on a picnic blanket and scratch a canine belly.
7. Treat yourself and book a night away with your bestest bud at Wiggley Bottom Farm - A Luxury Accomodation tailored for dog mum's and dad's who love to include their pooch on family getaways.
8. DIY wine tour with our handy dandy list of pet-friendly wineries, you're welcome!