28 May 2021
There are lots of things for families to do in the Warburton Valley every day - so here's a list that is especially good for rainy autumn days and winter weekends.
Why not try one of these fun activitites?
1. Try indoor archery at the Yarra Valley Archery Park in Don Road, Launching Place, Enjoy coffee and cake or wood fired pizza and ‘have a go with a bow’. Beginners and all ages.
2. See a film or two at the Upper Yarra Arts Centre - see website for session details. Be sure to check out the exhibition space in the complex as well.
3. Visit the Indoor Forest interactive exhibition at the Waterwheel. Learn about our flora and fauna and step into a world of wonder. Ring for times or to make a booking.
4. Go for a swim or enjoy some water play at the Yarra Centre – There are three swimming pools at the sports centre in Yarra Junction and a gym.
5. Find a bargain on an ‘Opp Shop’ crawl - every town in the valley has one and you never know what treasures you might find!
6. Visit the library in Yarra Junction and browse some books or magazines. Activities also run throughout the school holidays. Free wifi too.
7.Rug up in your warmest clothes and weather protection gear and take a walk in the Rainforest Gallery on Mt Donna Buang. The suspended walkways will have you in the clouds and well away from muddy puddles, and you will experience the ‘rain’ in rain forest too!
8. Take a nature walk and discover the hidden message of our local flora and fauna on the Creatures Nature walk around the Warburton township.